Prep cooking is one of the keys to success for all weight loss and muscle building efforts... probably THE most important thing you can do to ensure your own success. But how do you turn 1 meal into 4 without a magic wand and some fireworks? Easy.
Roasted Chicken with Steamed Asparagus and Brown Rice
- Using this method - I'm gonna recommend olive oil instead of butter - roast a whole, organic chicken.
- Steam 2 bunches of asparagus.
- Steam 4 servings of brown rice.
- Eat up.
- Pull chicken from bones when cool and store in airtight container in the fridge.
Chicken "Fried" Rice
- Using your leftover chicken, 1/2 of your leftover brown rice and some chopped asparagus...
- Follow this recipe for friend rice, substituting your veggies and chicken
Chicken Salad with Goat Cheese and Almonds
- Toss some chopped chicken and any remaining asparagus with organic baby spinach, and top with 1 oz goat cheese crumbles and 2 Tbs slivered almonds.
- Top with this dressing.
Chicken Tacos and Spanish Rice
- Mix remaining chicken with 1/4 cup organic tomato salsa and reheat in a non-stick skillet.
- Mix remaining brown rice with 1/4 cup organic tomato salsa and reheat with 1-2 Tbs water in a small saucepan.
- Heat some organic corn tortillas in a little oil
- Top with chicken, leftover spinach from salad, salsa and some greek yogurt!
Bam. 4 days of dinner from one chickie. Just imagine what you could do with a pork tenderloin or a batch of marinated/baked tofu...
What is your favorite way to stretch one day's cooking for a week??