Look no further! This salad features squash, almonds and yummy orange dressing ...
Holiday Quinoa Salad
- 1 C Quinoa, rinsed well
- 1/2 C Green Lentils, rinsed and picked over
- 4 C (+ or -) Chicken or Vegetable Broth
- 1/4 C Slivered Almonds
- 1 Medium Apple, Diced
- 1/2 C Cooked Butternut Squash, Diced
- 2 tsp Thyme (dried)
- 1 tsp Rosemary (dried)
- 2 Tbs Fresh Orange Juice
- 1 1/2 Tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Cook quinoa according to package directions, using broth instead of water. Set aside.
2. Cook lentils according to package directions, using broth instead of water. Set aside.
3. Toss apples, butternut squash and almonds with thyme, rosemary, juice and oil. Add lentils and quinoa, add salt and pepper to taste...and enjoy!
Would also be great with dried cranberries or currents tossed in (we just didn't have any on hand) or as a base for some yummy turkey leftovers!
If you're around, don't miss our TURKEY BURN 2012 Thanksgiving Workout in Sunnyvale! We'd love to see you, your family and your friends...just bring a donation to Second Harvest Food Bank and burn some holiday calories!!