I LOVE ME SOME FALL. Now that we don't live on the east coast any more, and I don't have to worry about THIS happening in 3 months...
I am stoked to pull out sweaters and galoshes and sip some chai tea!
Here's a fun fact ... a Starbucks 16 oz Soy Chai Latte has 230 calories, 42 (FORTY TWO) grams of sugar and a price tag of over $4.00.
Here's a fun alternative ... less than $1... 60 calories... 7 gram of sugar (or less!) ...
- 8 oz Almond Milk (unsweetened if ya got it)
- 8 oz Boiling Water
- 2 Chai Tea Bags (I use Good Earth Vanilla Chai)
Chai Tea Spice:
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/8 tsp NuNaturals Carb Free Stevia Powder
1. Steep chai tea bags in boiling water for 5-8 min (get it good and strong!) and remove tea bags. Be sure to ponder wise tea bag sayings while it steeps...
2. Whisk chai tea spice into tea and set set aside.
3. In a large measuring cup, heat almond milk, then froth! You can use a whisk...I used a $1 frother from IKEA that is *awesoooooome*
4. Add milk to tea and sip!