Hey, Team! Spent most of the day yesterday with the husband, celebrating his birthday ... and started it out with a "clean out the fridge" fritatta that kind of made my day. It was light, spring-y and super easy!
Salmon and Asparagus Fritatta
- 6 Organic eggs
- 1/4 c Organic half-and-half
- 6 oz Wild-Caught Salmon Filet, roasted (could also used canned)
- 1/2 Bunch Asparagus, steamed
- 2 Green Onions
- 1/2 Avocado
- 1/4 C Shredded Gruyere Cheese (optional)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- If your salmon is raw and your asparagus crunchy...cook them. I was using leftovers... and preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Whip eggs and half-and-half; pour into a medium skillet coated with non-stick spray and place over low-to-medium heat.
- Chop the asparagus into bite sized pieces, flake the salmon with a fork and chop green onions, then sprinkle evenly into skillet. Layer sliced avocado on top.
- Allow the fritatta to cook over medium heat until the edges are set - about 10 min - sprinkle with cheese, and slide the skillet into the preheated oven. Cook for 5-10 min more, or until the eggs are puffy and set.
- USE A FLIPPING HOT PAD TO TOUCH THE SKILLET. No matter how many times I remind myself of this, I end up cursing a blue streak because I tried to grab an innocently cool looking skillet handle with my bare hand.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Slice and serve with extra asparagus or some sweet potato home fries!
I just put cheese on B's half and had mine with some extra asparagus, half a green apple and a cup of french press coffee... and plan on chowing the leftovers for lunch today :)