There are no pictures of this meal because it's UGLY. Like... Shrek's landscape ugly. But holy CRAP is it good! Wasn't even really planning on blogging it - just needed some lunch - but this is sublime, satisfying comfort food for the not-so-meatily inclined.
And given that I wore a cape for most of the day Sunday (it just feels so RIGHT!) - I'm naming it aptly...
SuperSHEro Portobella Stroganoff
Serves 1 Hungry Superhero or SuperSHEro
- 1/2 Tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 Medium Yellow Onion, diced
- 1 Large, Dense Portobella Mushroom Cap, cut into strips
- 1/2 C Mushroom Broth
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 3-5 Grinds of Fresh Black Pepper
- 1/4 C Greek Yogurt (or Tofutti Sour Cream if you want it 100% vegan)
- 1/2 C Cooked Quinoa
- In a large saute pan, cook onions for 2-4 minutes, or until softened. Add mushrooms and cook for 3-5 min more, or until mushrooms start to release their liquid.
- De-glaze the pan with 1/2 of the broth, scraping brown bits from the bottom of the pan, and simmer for 1 min. Add remaining liquid and simmer for 10 min.
- Stir in greek yogurt and cook for 3-5 min more, adding salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over cooked Quinoa.
THIS KICKS ASS.