Chances are, if you are in the majority of Americans, your resolutions include losing weight or reducing debt.
And - chances are - if you are in the majority of Americans, your resolutions are a roll-over from last year's attempt.
While 40-45% of Americans make a resolution each year to better themselves, less than 10% report actually achieving their goals.
So what can you do to make 2011's Resolution a success?
1. Set SMART Goals - something specific that you can measure weekly. (Click the link to learn why "LOSE WEIGHT!" is a crappy resolution)
2. Write it Down. In Sharpie if you want! - and put it somewhere you can see it. The act of putting pen to paper can make it much more tangible for many people.
4. Use Good Tools. With endless Smart Phone apps and computer programs - there's no need to do it alone! Looking to cut back on sweets? Download a food journal app that will track sugar. Need to stop spending? Use a financial tracker.
5. DON'T. GIVE. UP. Revise, revisit and revamp when you need to - but keep trying no matter what time of year it is!
My 2011 Resolutions:
- 10 Body Weight Pull Ups
- Elephant Trunk Pose (Eka Hasta Bhujasana)
- Work Up To and Maintain a Full Time Client and Class Load!
What are your 2011 Goals and Resolutions??