Greetings from Sunny Mexico! A great recipe for meat eaters and non-meat eaters alike - this No-Tuna Salad is delicious on toast, boston butter lettuce leaves, or straight out of the container. :) Enjoy!
Adapted from the Gluten Free Goddess
Soak your 1 cup almonds 8 hours or overnight in 2 cups of fresh water (SUPER IMPORANT!)
- 1 cup raw, soaked almonds
- 1 tablespoons pickle juice
- Squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons Vegan mayo (or as needed)
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup diced carrot
- Optional: 2 Tablespoons dried cranberries
- Optional: 1-2 teaspoons curry powder
1. Drain almonds and pulse them in a food processor until coarsely ground.
2. Add pickle juice, lemon juice and mayo and pulse just until combined.
3. Stir in remaining ingredients - serve and enjoy!