but this dish is to easy to make and so chock-full of veggies, it's a great option for a quick week night "treat" meal that's easily customizable!
It also makes great leftovers and is delicious cold as a pasta salad.
- Gluten Free Pasta Primavera: Use brown rice or other gluten-free pasta
- Vegan/Lactose Free Pasta Primavera: Leave out cheese garnish
- Meat Lovers Pasta Primavera: Add sauteed shrimp, prosciutto or chicken to the mix
Pasta Primavera 3 Ways!
- 8 oz Organic, Whole Wheat Penne or Rotini Pasta
- 1-2 Tablespoons Organic, Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 small cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 1 small zucchini, cut into matchsticks
- 1/2 cup asparagus, cut into 2" pieces
- 1/2 cup Cremini mushrooms, quartered
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 Tablespoons fresh Basil (or 1 Tablespoon dried)
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/3 cup white wine + 5 oz in a wine glass for sipping...
- Prepared protein of choice
- 1 cup kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 6 oz chicken or shrimp, sauteed
- 1/4 c shredded parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package. Drain and set aside.
- While your pasta is cooking, heat olive oil in a deep skillet. Add carrots, asparagus and garlic and cook overmedium heat until just tender.
- Add remaining vegetables, salt, pepper and basil. Continue cooking over medium heat for 3 minutes, stirring.
- Add white wine and "protein of choice" and cook for 3-5 more minutes, or until everything is heated through and wine is almost evaporated. Add cooked, drained pasta and stir.
- Toss with parmesan cheese, if desired, and serve! I served mine over a bed of spinach for a little extra green...