(yeah, yeah, microwaves are bad for you. being hungry after a lift is worse.)
Twice "Baked" Sweet Potato
Tofu not your thing? Substitute 1/3 cup mashed cannelini beans or even 1/3 cup cooked ground turkey!
From the Fridge
- 1 Large-ish Sweet Potato
- 1/3 Cup Silken Tofu
- 1/2 Tablespoon Earth Balance - or butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon chopped pecans (optional)
Into the "Nuker"
1. Poke your potato mercilessly with a fork or sharp knife about 10 times, wrap in a damp paper towel and microwave on high for 4-6 minutes or until it is fork tender all the way through. (We have a crap microwave. It took about 6.5 minutes)
2. Slice potato down the middle, remove the guts (reserving the skins), place in a bowl and mash with the back of a fork.
3. Add protein-of-choice, Earth Balance and cinnamon and mash it all together really well.
4. Scoop the filling back into the potato skins and re-heat in microwave for about 1 minute. Top with chopped pecans and serve with a side salad or other green veggie.
Question: To eat or not to eat the potato skin? I eat mine when they're organic!
* TOMORROW! Special request post ... betcha can't wait! *