Good reader, read on.
Thanksgiving De-Brief + Workout
1. Get back on the wagon. Come Monday (or Sunday) whether you are with family or back at home ... get back to your regular workout routine.
- The biggest threat of the holidays is not the party splurges. It's the "Well, I already blew it, so I might as well have another slice of pie" mentality.
2. Try this treadmill workout (or this interval workout) Running speeds are in parenthesis
- Min 1-5: 3.0 mph @ 5% incline (5.0 mph @ 1% incline)
- Min 6-10: 3.5 mph @ 8% incline (5.8 mph @ 3% incline)
- Min 11-15: 3.8 mph @ 10% incline (6.0 mph @ 5% incline)
- Min 16-20: 3.8 mph @ 8% incline (6.o mph @ 1% incline)
- Min 21-25: 4.0 mph @ 5% incline (6.2 mph @ 0% incline)
- Min 26-30: 3.5 mph @ 10% incline (5.8 mph @ 1% incline)
- Min 31-35: Cool Down @ 3.o mph @ 0% incline
3. Unless you actually consumed 17,500 extra calories this weekend without any extra exercise (which could be possible...) that 5 pounds showing up on your scale could be some water weight.
- This is not an excuse to not work out. It means: Don't freak out, toss in the towel and give up until New Year.
3. Sneakers and Water are better than coffee. If you're feeling lethargic and yucky - drink a giant glass of water (which will actually help you flush out excess water retention) and go for a walk outside.
- All the energy. None of the caffeine.