Still have Thanksgiving Bird left!? We sure do!
While you recover from Black Friday shopping and get ready to head into the Christmas season, try this quick leftovers recipe!
Read your labels on the enchilada sauce and tortillas, though. Make sure you're not buying weird ingredients. Short lists that are all kitchen-available are ideal, so shop your local health food store and be picky.
Leftover Turkey (or not) Enchiladas
Leftovers (+ a little...)
- 2 C Shredded Turkey (or tofurkey/tofu)
- 3/4 C Shredded Organic Cheddar Cheese or Vegan Substitute, divided
- 1 Can Enchilada Sauce
- 6-8 Organic Corn Tortillas
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare a 9x13 glass baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine turkey, 1/2 cup cheddar cheese and 1/4 can of enchilada sauce.
- *KEY STEP* Place your tortillas on a plate and cover with a damp paper towel. Microwave 10-25 sec or until warm and pliable, then pour 1/2 remaining enchilada sauce into a shallow dish.
- One at a time, dip a warm tortilla in enchilada sauce, coating well. Spoon 1/4 cup of turkey mixture into tortilla. Carefully roll and place, seam side down, into the baking dish. Continue until all filling is used, keeping the enchiladas touching.
- Pour the remaining sauce over the enchiladas and cover with the remaining 1/4 c cheddar cheese. Bake for 30 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden.