The husband was blessed with Cornish Game Hen roasted by friends while I piled my plate with veggies and sides... but what to do with those birdy leftovers?
Turkey (or not) Fried Rice
- 1/2 c diced carrots
- 1/2 c diced celery
- 1/2 c diced onion
- *OR 1 1/2 c leftover mirapoix from your stuffing!
- 1 large egg (leave out for vegan)
- 1 c day-old, cooked brown rice
- 2 T reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 c cooked, chopped turkey, tofurkey or tofu
- Spray a pan with non-stick spray (or use a non-stick pan) and stir-fry carrots, onions and celery on medium-high for 3-5 min or until the "crunch" is pretty much gone.
- *skip this step for vegan fried rice* Clear a hole in your cooked veggies and spray the bottom of the pan again. Crack the egg in to the freshly greased hole and scramble the egg with the veggies. Keep everything moving so it doesn't stick. Use cooking spray as needed.
- Add your rice, breaking up any chunks with your spoon and mix with veggies and egg.
- Add garlic, soy sauce and protein-of-choice and heat through, stirring often. Add extra soy or garlic to taste.
- Serve with a side of leftover veggies or salad!